There is a maximum of 5 project entries per school.
Before being accepted to the Fair, students must register their project and project description on the YRSTF registration site. Registration opens January 8, 2018.
- Junior (7-8)
- Intermediate (9-10)
- Senior (11-12)
- Earth and Environmental Sciences
- Engineering and Computer Science
- Health Science
- Life Science
- Physical and Mathematical Sciences
Each year the cost of supporting student participation in the Canada Wide Science Fair and operating the YRSTF increases. In each of the past 10 years we have received generous sponsorship from the York Region District School Board and the York Catholic District School Board. In addition, Seneca College has been a major sponsor. The rest of the funding has been raised through donations by companies and individuals, however this is not sustainable. To this end, beginning with the YRSTF 2013 fair a registration fee of $100.00 per project will be charged for private schools.
Participation fees for students from YRDSB and YCDSB schools have been covered by the boards.
The process for collecting the registration fees is as follows:
- Students register before March 9, 2018.
- Private schools are invoiced for the total number of projects registered. Note there is a maximum of 5 projects per school.
- Participation is confirmed upon receipt of funds prior to March 19, 2018.